Bike shed terms and conditions of use
When registering to access bike sheds, you accept the following terms and conditions of use:
- TfNSW provides bike sheds free of charge at designated interchanges.
- You can access any TfNSW bike shed at any time once you link your Opal card number on the Transport bike facilities website.
- Your Opal card number will be treated confidentially and will only be viewed by the system administrators for the purposes of providing you access to the sheds.
- TfNSW endeavours to maintain the sheds to the best standards possible within its resource limits.
- Each time you use a bike shed, you accept that it is in good, safe working order and locks securely unless you report otherwise to TfNSW as soon as you become aware of any issues.
- You will advise TfNSW of any safety or security concerns with any bike shed as soon as you become aware of them.
- A space cannot be guaranteed for you in any bike shed as they are provided equitably to all customers on a first come, first served basis.
- You must use the bike shed responsibly and safely at all times and must respect other people's property inside the bike shed.
- Bike sheds are designed to encourage cycling and public transport uptake. Therefore, you can only park bicycles in the bike sheds.
- You must not keep any other equipment or dangerous goods inside bike sheds.
- You must not allow anybody else to use your Opal card to access a bike shed.
- You must report any lost or stolen Opal card to Opal Customer Care as soon as you become aware of it.
- You must advise TfNSW Bike Locker Administration immediately if you have reported your Opal card lost or stolen to Opal Customer Care.
- You must delete your Opal card number from the Transport Bike Parking website if your Opal card is lost or stolen as soon as you become aware of it.
- You must always secure your bicycle to the bike racks provided with your own bike lock.
- You must not leave your bicycle in such a way that it impedes or obstructs the safe movement in, out and around the bike shed for all users.
- TfNSW will regularly inspect and monitor appropriate usage of the sheds.
- TfNSW will remove any bicycle (and any other equipment) deemed as abandoned*.
- TfNSW is not liable for any loss, damage or theft of your bicycle (or any other equipment) stored in bike sheds.
- You will not make any claims against TfNSW for any loss, damage or theft of your bicycle (or any other property) stored in any bike shed.
- You store your bicycle (and any other equipment) in any bike shed at your own risk.
- TfNSW has the right to refuse entry/admittance to any bike shed if these terms and conditions are not complied with.
*Abandoned bicycles and equipment
Bicycles and equipment will be considered abandoned if reported or observed as not being used for 2 consecutive months. After this time, the bicycle and / or equipment will be removed to a safe Lost Property location for a further 2 consecutive months. If property is not claimed in that period, it will become the property of TfNSW to dispose of permanently.