Bike locker terms and conditions of hire
You can rent a bike locker for 3, 6, 9 or 12 calendar months. Your rental period starts 7 days from the date Transport for NSW (TfNSW) places your locker key in the mail.
At the end of each rental period TfNSW will renew the rental agreement if you have:
- paid the rental charge for the renewed period
- complied with the conditions set out in this agreement.
TfNSW can cancel your rental period if they cease to manage the locker or if other prevailing circumstances dictate. If this happens, you will be refunded the portion of the rental fee due to you plus your key deposit.
Using bike lockers for storage
You can only use your bike locker for storing bicycles and associated equipment. You cannot use it to store any other equipment or dangerous goods, such as cans of paint or petrol.
- keep the inside of the locker clean and clear of rubbish
- always keep your locker locked except when you are present
- not let anyone else use your locker without written permission from TfNSW
- ensure the locking mechanism is in good working order every time you use your locker and report any faults you notice to TfNSW immediately.
If you have any concerns about your bike locker, email Transport for NSW or call 131500.
Right to inspect, maintain and reallocate lockers
Transport for NSW can:
- open your bike locker to inspect and maintain it at any time
- allocate you another locker at the same interchange if required.
Lost or missing keys
If you lose your key, you must notify Bike Locker Administration immediately. TfNSW will open your locker for you as soon as possible. You must pay a replacement fee (at the current rate) before you can be issued a replacement key.
End of rental agreement
If the rental agreement is not renewed, you must:
- Remove all contents from your bike locker by the end of your rental period. If you do not, TfNSW reserves the right to empty the contents of the bike locker. If the contents are not collected from TfNSW within 3 months of the end of the rental period, they will become property of TfNSW.
- Return your key in a secure padded envelope within 10 days for refund of your key deposit. Keys not returned within 10 days, including keys lost in the mail due to insecure packaging, will not be eligible for a refund of the key deposit.
- Key return address:
Early termination of a rental agreement
To shorten the rental period email Transport for NSW and return your locker key. The balance of your rental fee and key deposit will be refunded, minus a withholding charge equal to 2 months' hire fee.
The base date for this calculation will be the date your key is received by TfNSW.
Property damaged or stolen while stored in bike lockers
- If your bike or related equipment is stolen or damaged while it's in your locker, you must notify the Bike Locker Administration as soon as possible and help with any investigations or court action.
- While TfNSW takes every care to ensure lockers are as safe and secure as possible, we cannot guarantee or insure against destructive vandalism or break-ins.
- Each time you use your bike locker, you accept that it is in good working order and locks securely, unless you report otherwise to TfNSW as soon as you become aware of any issue with the locker.
- TfNSW is not liable for any loss of or damage to bicycles or any other property stored in your bike locker.
Failure to comply with bike locker terms and conditions
Should you fail to comply with the bike locker terms and conditions as set out, TfNSW is entitled to:
- terminate the rental agreement upon written advice
- remove the contents of lockers
- allocate the locker to someone else.
We may seek payment from you for cost, loss or damage which we may incur or suffer as a result of non-compliance.